Saturday, September 25, 2010

Self Portrait

I have started taking an acrylic painting class at my school and I have to say it's very refreshing and interesting for me. I haven't done much in acrylic since I left high school, it's been mostly watercolor for me. But acrylic is very relaxing and I must say, quite a bit easier, I'm loving the ability to paint right over my mistakes. I have a very different acrylic style than watercolor and it's fun to play around with it. And since it's a very involved studio class it's actually really nice to get up at 8 in the morning just paint. I feel like I am learning way more and having much more fun doing the actual work than sitting in a critique for 4 hours. So since it's a fairly basic class we have started with still lives and self portraits:

This is a 40 minute monochromatic self portrait.

This is the same portrait with 40 minutes of glazing over it. I look like a bruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment